IREX Pilot Licence Practice Exam Questions
Please read below the exams ,before purchasing:
Before completing exams read the Assumptions & Equpment Lists at the bottom of the page, from CASA IREX page. 3.5 hour exam, 40 marks, 70% pass mark.
You must know:
Rated coverage and frequencies of NDB's in ERSA - Radio Aids AU-37)
VHF rated coverage for VOR and DME in GEN 1.5 para 2.3 - Radio Aids AU-1 3.2.1
Read This Before Purchasing:
- These will have more questions added and edited
- We cannot committ to that exact timeframe
- These will help a lot, but they are in early development
- They may contain errors and typo's
- People who need perfection, should not buy these yet
- These are suited to people wanting all the questions they can get and willing to send in edits, if they see an error or something that could be better.
- AKA, these are suited to pople who have come through PPE and familiar with our community spirit
Happy with all that? Buy here
Assumptions & Equpment Lists
Assumptions: Fuel policy is CAAP 234-1(2), all fuel calcs in min, do not separately plan climbs and descents, assume holding = cruise consumption, do not add taxi, instrument approaches or overshoots. All flights are CHTR - IFR procedures unless stated. Assume all equipment functions and PIC is qualified unless stated otherwise.
Assumed equipment fitted: 2 x GNSS units, TSO-C146a (IFR approved). 1 x VOR/ILS with glideslope and marker beacon receiver. 1 x fixed card ADF. Mode S transponder (ADS-B OUT). 3 axis autopilot, no flight director nor approach-capable system. 2 x VHF radios. 1 x HF radio. Weather radar with 30 kW output rating. Life jackets. Life raft. GNSS units fitted to the aircraft are deemed to be capable of RNAV 5, RNAV 2, RNAV 1, RNP 2, RNP 1 and RNP APCH (LNAV only) in accordance with para 10.2 of CAO 20.91.
Equipment NOT fitted: does NOT have oxygen, pressurisation, de-icing/anti-icing, or auto feathering.
Aircraft Type: Twin piston-engine, Callsign - VH-OZY, Max. AUW - < 5700 kg, Cruise TAS 180 knots, Category – B, max cross-wind 20 kt for TO & LDG. Max tail wind for TO & LDG 10 kt.
Download Aircraft Data Sheet: irex-aircraft-data-sheet-vh-ozy-form-1357
Instrument approach procedures: for an aerodrome may be presented in the DAP chart as: e.g. 1 - ILS RWY 18 or in some cases RWY 18 ILS e.g. 2 - NDB-A and VOR-A or in some cases NDB and VOR Candidates are to ignore these insignificant differences.
The AIP SUP may be examined.
The rules for instrument ratings are contained in part 61 of the civil aviation safety regulations:
- CASR dictionary
- Regulation 61.010 - definitions for Part 61
- Regulations 61.105 and 61.110 - definitions of instrument flight and instrument ground time
- Regulation 61.375 - general limitations on exercise of privileges of pilot licences - ratings
- Regulations 61.640, 61.645, 61.650 - limitations on exercise of privileges of multi-crew pilot licences
- Regulations 61.670, 61.675, 61.680, 61.685, 61.695 - limitations on exercise of privileges of air transport pilot licences
- Regulation 61.790 - limitations on exercise of privileges of pilot type rating - IFR operation
- Regulation 61.805 - limitations on exercise of privileges of pilot type rating - instrument proficiency check
- Regulation 61.855 - privileges of instrument ratings
- Regulation 61.860 - limitations on exercise of privileges of instrument rating - general
- Regulation 61.865 - limitations on exercise of privileges of instrument rating - endorsements
- Regulation 61.870 - limitations on exercise of privileges of instrument rating - recent experience: general
- Regulation 61.875 - limitations on exercise of privileges of instrument rating - recent experience: single-pilot
- Regulation 61.880 - limitations on exercise of privileges of instrument rating - proficiency check
- Regulation 61.885 - requirements for grant of instrument ratings
- Regulation 61.887 - removal of instrument rating conditions about acting as pilot-in-command under IFR
- Table 61.890 - kinds of instrument endorsements
- Regulation 61.895 - privileges of instrument endorsements
- Regulation 61.900 - limitations on exercise of privileges of instrument endorsements
- Regulation 61.905 - requirements for grant of instrument endorsements